Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Of My Fears


I have always always been afraid of big fat toads. They give me the hibby jibbies. I ask myself why I am afraid of them or don't like them. I'll give you two fat reasons. #1. They are big and they can hop when you get right by it. #2 I am very scared that the big fat toad will touch me with its slimy, bumpy skin---and I might get a wart or something! Tonight I saw the biggest fattest toad that I have ever seen in my life! I was at my friend's house, and I noticed IT there...ribbeting and hopping around. I had to be faster than lightening! As if I was in slow motion, with "Chariots of Fire," playing in the background, I ran to my car as fast as my little legs could run and quickly grabbed the door handle, and I tripped over the rock. I was trying to get up, then I noticed a wet slimy creature close to my leg-- I began to SCREAM! The toad began pulling on my leg---just as I am pulling yours now. Ha ha! That would be some story! Here's the truth--I ran as fast as I could and quickly shut the door behind me. Victory has never smelled so sweet. I just had to tell you I'm alright.

5 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Ha Ha! i don't really like bit fat toads either.

Anonymous said...

Whew! That was close! Glad you made it out ok!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!!! You are the funniest person... ever! I love you!

Beverley said...

That was a good one, you had me for a second. Hate them too, don't ever go live in Florida, you would have frogs and flying roaches after you.

The Gentry's said...

I remember you talking about frogs/toads at the dental party. I didn't realize that the one you saw was this BIG. How could it even jump!!