Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Meagan's Marvelous Music Melodies





I don't know if you know, but I am a HUGE fan of music. It is a part of my life. I should have my own background music. So at home, I like to TURN IT UP when I am cleaning, folding, making dinner, doing the dishes, or even eating fudge! I also LOVE listening to music in the car. Now my music history isn't so grand. I started to play the piano at a young age. I never got the left hand with the right hand, so I gave up. My dad had an old guitar in the attic, and I thought that would be my passion---just like the King. My dad bought me a "simple" Elvis music book for the guitar, but it didn't last long. So I tried singing. HA! I even joined the choir! I had people tell me (in choir and in other singing opportunities) that I am off key. I remember one scary day in college when I had to sing for the Choir teacher, and all that came out was a squeak and a squawk. It was awful. From then on, I am super at lip syncing--especially the high notes. So I have learned to love and appreciate music.

What songs do I jam to you ask? Well here's a few: Elvis Presley, (of course) NSYNC!, Beatles, Chicago, The Judds, Reba McEntire, Celine Dion, Helen Reddy, Bonnie Tyler's "total eclipse of the heart," and "i need a hero," and pretty much any 80's song. (My sisters tell me that I was born at the wrong time, because I am crazy about the 80's music. I just love it!) and new to the list--Michael Jackson. I'll just say that I love the "young Michael," before things got weird. He had some good songs like, "the man in the mirror," "i just can't stop loving you," "billie jean," "thriller," "the way you make me feel" and "black or white." He had some pretty cool tunes.

This is a big babbling blog about my love of all music. Sorry if I bored you. I am very grateful for music!

1 comment:

Lisa Love said...

You are never boring Meagan. I love that you know one of your passions and you embrace it well!