
Carter came home on December 29th! The day after our 2nd year anniversary! Last week the doctors at the hospital said he would be going home on Wednesday. So on Monday morning, we cleaned, and Chase fixed up the home and baby's room. I went to the hospital to feed him, and the doctor came in and said he is doing well and he can go home!!!!!! I was extremely happy, way nervous, and "oh-my-goodness-real-parenting begins!" We drove home from the hospital and took him to his bed and just stared at our little one. It is amazing how much love multiplies when you have a baby! Chase and I feel that we love him even more now that he is home! The first night of getting up was a little hard, but it is way better than getting up in the wee hours of the morning and pumping. (That's what I had to do while he was in the hospital.) Chase and I love being parents...and we have so much to learn! Life is exciting! We will keep you posted on our little guy!

5 comments:
Oh Meagan and Chase, I'm so excited for you guys. He is the sweetest boy! I remember taking Lizzy home from the hospital. A little part of me wanted to stay at the hospital because there were people all around me that knew what to do. I NEEDED them! How was I going to do it all on my own? We figured it out and so will you. Your positive attitudes will work wonders for you over the next few weeks. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Yeah! I know the joys of bringing a baby home, and I know the super joys of bringing a baby home from the NICU! Enjoy! Congrats!
OH, I'm so happy you have him home!! There is nothing better and harder than those first weeks with a new baby. Hang in there!!
Meagan and Chase!
CONGRATULATIONS!
I am so happy for you! What great news! He is adorable and looks GREAT! What a HAPPY NEW YEAR for your cute little family! I remember being very scared the first moment I was all alone with Brandi, but a higher power takes over and gives us the comfort that we need! I remember that comfort so well, it has always been with me, as I have taken care of Brandi through her sickness and trials.
I'm sure you have felt that comfort! Words can't describe how happy and excited I am for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Love, brenda and family
What a cutie! Hold him and cuddle him and love him! Let him feel your love and everything else will come naturally!
Post a Comment