Friday, December 19, 2008

Look who decided to show up!



Carter decided to show up a little ahead of schedule. Here are just a few pictures because we're pretty tired and pretty busy. In the picture above he's about 3 minutes old. The little red spots on his skin are called...according to the neonatologist..."funky little infant spots." They're already gone, and his color looks great now. The tubes in the pictures below seem a little scary, but he's doing fairly well. He's breathing on his own with just a little help from the CPAP (You can Wiki it to find out how it helps him...excuse my laziness). He was born December 18th at a whopping 5 lbs, 8 oz and 19 inches long. He needs a little more time to put on the finishing touches before we can take him home in a week or two (hopefully).
We promise to post more pictures later!

8 comments:

Chredna said...

congrats!!! He's so Small!!!! We're saying lots of prayers for little Carter. We love you and we're glad he's doing well.

Sarah and Trent said...

Congrats!!!! We are so excited for you!!

PEHNelson said...

Congrats! That's a decent size baby!!

Brenda said...

CONGRATULATIONS and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Carter looks GREAT! You did WELL to go so long! We are so happy for you!

Believe me, after Brandi being so small, he looks like he is ready for Kindergarten!

WELCOME to the world CARTER! I know its hard leaving the hospital, but he will be home soon! :) You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so so so sad that we weren't there this week to see him and you guys!! So glad everything is going as well as it is. I can't wait to get home and visit you guys!

natalie brady said...

Wow! I was looking on facebook and I saw that candice had posted that she had a new nephew and I couldn't believe it was so soon! Congrats! He is beautiful!

Amanda Bowen said...

that brings back memories with ty. i hope that everything continues to get better!!! yea you made it. only 9 days apart kinda cool.

Sarah and David said...

What a precious little boy!!! How exciting your little guy is here now! We truly are so happy for you both.