Ooh hey YEAH! I would just like to congratulate myself for making it through the first rotation! Go me! This last week, actually went by quick for me, and I did great! It is amazing to me how Heavenly Father listens to my prayers at night when I am scared, and wanting to sleep...and I would sleep so wonderfully! He is really there and answers the smallest prayers! I feel like I've been a stronger person, and I can do this mother thing! All I need is a cape. Ha ha. NO, I am not super mom, but I had a teensy-tiny, microscopic dot of a feeling of a super mom, being able to handle two kids, if they are crying at the same time, or having Carter throw up on me, or something, or knowing what to do to make them happy. I've had my good moments, and my bad moments and my funny and scary moments. Here's what I would like to share:
Scary Moment: I am deathly afraid of scorpions. I HATE them. I really do. And yesterday, I was in the kitchen talking on the phone, and I look down and there is a scorpion by my foot! AAAaahhH!! So my mother bear instinct in me was to kill kill kill!! I am so glad that the kids were sleeping at this time! How terrible would it be if it stung Carter or Reece or me? SCARY. So I found a diaper box, and threw it on top of it and then I stood on it for a long long time. Story short, I squished it and manned up enough to throw it away. I am so scared its going to come back alive and run and sting me. Silly I know. I am even scared of them when I "think" they are dead. As Carter would say, "disgusting!"
Funny Moment: You all know that we lock Carter in his bed during nap time, because that is the ONLY way to keep him in there to sleep. He is doing better with naps, most of the time. (You can read more about his nap times in my post of "Nap Nazi.") Well, as I was putting Carter to bed and tucking him in, I usually tell him, "if you come out of your bed, then I'm locking the door." He always replies back, "no lock door, mom." I say okay and leave. I wait a few moments, and he comes out of his bed asking for water, or something, and I tell him I have to lock the door. As I go in the room I lock the door because if I lock it from the outside, he hears the "click", and flips out, so I do the lock when he's getting back in bed. (Nice distraction.) I entered the room to straightened his blankets, (nice distraction) and I turn around and he says, "no lock door, mom!" And then he shuts the door with me inside!!!! I wanted to scream and shout, and laugh! I didn't have my cell phone.... AND Chase was out of town. I am so glad that Candice was home--in her bed room, hearing me banging on the wall to let me out. I can't believe it happened! I don't know what I would have done if Candice wasn't home! Crazy.
So I would like to dedicate a little song to myself for making it through this time. I never would have made it with this Britney Spear's song "Stronger": (ha ha)
Ooh hey, yeah
Hush, just stop
There’s nothing you can do or say, baby
I’ve had enough
I’m not your property as from today, baby
You might think that I won't make it on my own
But now I’m…
[Chorus:]
Stronger than yesterday
Now it’s nothing but my way
My lonliness ain’t killing me no more
I’m stronger
That I ever thought that I could be, baby
I used to go with the flow
Didn’t really care ‘bout me
You might think that I can’t take it, but you’re wrong
‘Cause now I’m…
[CHORUS:]
Stronger than yesterday
Now it’s nothing but my way
My lonliness ain’t killing me no more
I’m stronger
Hush, just stop
There’s nothing you can do or say, baby
I’ve had enough
I’m not your property as from today, baby
You might think that I won't make it on my own
But now I’m…
[Chorus:]
Stronger than yesterday
Now it’s nothing but my way
My lonliness ain’t killing me no more
I’m stronger
That I ever thought that I could be, baby
I used to go with the flow
Didn’t really care ‘bout me
You might think that I can’t take it, but you’re wrong
‘Cause now I’m…
[CHORUS:]
Stronger than yesterday
Now it’s nothing but my way
My lonliness ain’t killing me no more
I’m stronger
I like to sing this song when I see a nasty scorpion and I need to kill it! Oh yeah!
2 comments:
Love both stories! So glad Candice was there to rescue you:)!
Good for you!! I was watching my nephew one time and he did the same thing only he locked us BOTH in!! unfortunately there was no one else home so I had to pop the screen out of the window, climb out, and go around the house to front door, let myself in, and then I could get him out. Little stinkers ;) It just makes me smile :)
Post a Comment