Carter is busy and loves to play like a little boy should. He adores his brother, and a great helper with throwing away Reece's diapers, and getting me his pacifier and burp rag when I need it. He loves to give hugs to Reece and he always says, "I love my brother." So cute.
Reece is a great baby, and loves to smile at us! I also think he is afraid of Carter. Carter has been known to hit, scratch, take away his pacifier...not all the time, but I think Carter does these things because he needs attention. I am learning how to divide my attention to both boys. Picture this: I am sitting in my peaceful rocking chair, and feeding my sweet little baby. Here comes Mr. Carter bursting through the door with so much energy he doesn't know what to do. So he jumps on the bed, and comes up to me and says something to Reece or jumps up and down, or something... and Reece always cries and screams at the top of his lungs, when Carter has interrupted his eating time. I guess my boy likes to eat in silence. Makes me kind of sad. Then my adorable 2 year old likes to scream as well to be like Reece. And they both get louder and louder.... then I feel like screaming...and I think my head is about to pop. I try to hide when I feed Reece to avoid the crying and the screaming, but somehow my little boy seems to know where to find me. And I am glad that Carter loves me, because maybe when he's a teenager he won't want to hang out with his mom! I love my boys. And I am sure there are other mothers who have this situation, or where their wonderful kids are driving them crazy. I've always wanted to be a good mother, and I am still learning how to be one. I know someday I will miss this! Not the screaming, and driving me insane, but to enjoy my little boys. They grow so fast! Here is a quote that I got from my friend's blog, that meant a lot to me:
"If you have children who are grown and gone, in all likelihood you have occasionally felt pangs of loss and the recognition that you didn’t appreciate that time of life as much as you should have. Of course, there is no going back, but only forward. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future.
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." President Monson.
I just needed to hear this quote. I can do this! "Never give up. Never surrender!"
1 comment:
Great stories! You're doing wonderfully! Was that last sentence a quote from Galaxy Quest? Haha! Love that movie!
Post a Comment