Friday, August 12, 2011

Are You Lonesome Tonight?

Are you lonesome tonight,
Do you miss me tonight?
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter summer day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?


YES. I have been lonely. Really lonely. Especially at night. When I put the kids down for bed, that's when I really really miss my hubby. I am now scared of the dark and every noise freaks me out. Why does my house make noises?? ESPECIALLY at night!? I have had some fun with my boys. Carter is now into puzzles, and knocking down bowling pins, and Reece is getting bigger and starting to make eye contact with us and smiling. I love it, and I need his smiles! I used to complain to Chase (before our "experience") about him lying his shoes and socks on the floor...I miss that! I love having him home and being there! And that's the way life should be! No one should be alone! That's why I am in Yuma for a week reunited with the hubster. Life is beautiful again! I would like to dedicate this little song to my one and only. By the Righteous Brothers (my new favorite!) "Soul and Inspiration."

*Side Note*
(For my family and friends who would like to see the music video--because it doesn't show up in the email, go to my website, www.meaganandchase.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

Caldwells said...

Megan, I feel for you on the lonely posts! It seems like since Porter has started PT school all he does is study! I know it is for our family and I wouldn't want him not too but it is super hard when you are trying to handle everything on your own. He has not started rotations yet, so I can't even imagine how lonely that gets.... I guess pretty bad huh :) Oh the joys of school and trying to make a better way for our families :) Hang in there girl! You are such an awesome person. Wish we lived closer. Miss you gusy