Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ah Poop!!

Today seemed like any other ordinary day in the month of June. Carter and I went for a little swim, and then he hit the bath tub-when he got home- to become nice and clean and fresh before his 3 hour nap. The Shampoo Monster began to scrub the fragrant effervescent soap into his hair, and began to rinse it out... and then the phone rang! It was my two sisters! As girls love to do--we began to talk and laugh. I got Carter out of the bathtub, and dried off...and he began running around in my bed room, in the nude. I have been talking to my sisters still, and Carter went into my walk-in closet and shut the door behind him. (This is one of his new games that he loves to play...opening and shutting doors.) Still engaging in a wonderful conversation with my sisters, I realized he was in there for a while now, and I thought I better go check on him. (great mom!) I opened the door, and to my great surprise....there it was... neatly piled- poop- on my carpet in my closet. All that came out of my mouth was a gasp of air...and I started to smell IT--in my closet. Carter just looked up at me....I think he was surprised too. I just had to laugh. Thank you Carter for making my ordinary day into extra-ordinary...and having me clean up a lovely mess. The joys of motherhood. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Lisa Love said...

So glad you can laugh at this with your great attitude! Carter is a lucky boy. It is all because you were on the phone. The worst messes happen while you are on the phone! :)

Unknown said...

Ok, so that is hilarious! At least you didn't post a picture of it! Love you meagan!

Brianna Tuckett said...

That is kinda funny, but I do feel your pain at the same time! I remember when my mom when run out of disposable diapers and we would have to use the cloth ones! I would about gag everytime I had to rinse them out!! Yuck!! Glad you can laugh at the situation! You're such a happy person! That's one of the reasons why I like you :)