Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Race Car Cart Brings Smile To Boy

I have always been afraid of pushing this race car cart around a grocery store. Just looking at it, I picture myself running into things--and knocking things off the shelf, and everyone staring at me...or Carter flying out as I make a turn. But I know he would love it. And I always said to myself, that one day I will do it...when Chase is with me...to face my battle with the semi-like cart.

On Monday, my little boy was having one of those days, when everything made him cry. It was after dinner time, and very close to his bed time. So a fun outing with Carter was in order! So one- ice-cream-run-at-fry's-later, (for Chase--of course!) I was attempting to put Carter in the grocery cart, he began to cry. I looked at the car-cart...the big long...heavy cart...and I decided to be BRAVE. I told Carter, you are going in the fun cart. I put my serious face on and I BUCKLED him in the car...and a instant smile spread across his face. I went to the back to push it out..and it did not budge...one...inch. It was heavy! I started to feel hot, and felt the eyes of shoppers staring at me. Then the nice elderly man who worked there said, "here, let me help you with that." Thank you! Then it was time to cruise!!!! I did hit a few things in the store, but to see Carter so happy made up for it. He was turning the steering wheel, honking the horn, and he would look back at me and grin. I love these moments. So I got my ice cream, and realized I just can't check out now. So I went around the store, and up and down the aisles. Me and the huge race car cart... and my one very happy son. I am very pleased with myself for conquering my fear of pushing the race car cart. I do have to say that when the shopping was over, and I was TRYING to get him out, and into his car-seat--- was no easy thing. I made him cry again. But at least for a moment he was happy! Thank you amazing cart!!

4 comments:

Allred's said...

I too am afraid of pushing around those carts. I know that my son would love it so, I guess I will just do it when Aaron can push it. (:

Brianna Tuckett said...

Good job for facing your fears!! That is a truely wonderful mother who is willing to put her owns worries and fears aside to see a smile on her child's face! :) :)

Sarah and David said...

Haha I can understand - those things are huge!

Caldwells said...

How cute. How could HE ever by fussy??? :) You are such a good Mom. We miss you guys.