Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Under Construction...



Well hello my dear friends! Yes I am still alive and well! Please forgive me of being a terrible blogger. (I hope this is the LAST time I say that...) Summer is here, and I feel like I have been productive, lazy, hot, tired, sore, and possibly hungry. (I can't leave that one out...) Where do I start for this fine adventure I have been on since the beginning June??

I'll start it with-- Once upon a time, on the quiet streets of Gilbert lived a girl, no make that a lady... hmm...too old... I know a beautiful married woman who lives with her knight in shining armor, and their precious little baby boy named Carter. One day, the handsome prince says to his princess... that he would like to: tile the kitchen, entry way, and dining room, paint the kitchen, refinish the table and 6 chairs, and study for his board exam which is in July. I thought to myself, "Self, that is not a bad idea...your husband working and making the house look be-A-utiful, and you can just serve him food, water, and wipe the sweat from his brow if he needed you too.

We both didn't know that it was such a BIG LONG PROCESS...BUT it is totally worth it! I didn't know I signed up to help him, but he kindly reminded me since I married him, its a sure deal. I I turned into Cinderella for awhile! Tee hee hee! I got on my hands and knees to help GROUT the tile....lesson I learned was ALWAYS wear gloves because sanded grout can eat the flesh off of your fingers. I also helped SEAL the tile...I painted the kitchen, I painted the base boards, and put caulking between the cracks. We've had a busy summer. I should say that my darling husband nearly worked off his bum, while I only worked off one cheek. It was a great work-out. During this "fun," my kitchen was torn apart so I couldn't cook...we ate pizza about everyday! I am just so grateful for my husband...and how wonderful he is to work so hard! :) After the tiling "busy"-ness was over, Chase found a butcher block table on Craigslist and he sanded it and re-finished it. It looks very nice. He is finished with his FIRST year of dental school (YESSSSSSS!) And now he is studying very hard for his boards. I know he'll do great. :)

Carter is now half way to a year old! He is 6 months now! I just love my little boy more than anything! He is talking a lot, giggling, and almost rolling over from his back to his tummy. He is pretty content baby just in your arms or on the floor. I hope you enjoy the pictures! AND my "music box" that I added to my blog. I love the music. Some of the King, oldies, country, and yes, the 80's! I will blog to you later! :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angie said...

Megan, you are too funny! You crack me up! Carter is a very cute baby!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! I'm super impressed with all of your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that unlike you, I am very sad that Chase is already done with his first year of dental school, because that means we only have three years left to live close to each other!