Sunday, November 2, 2008

Birthday Blast and Going Home


Hello! I had a birthday in the hospital...and my dear sweet mother came and spent the day with me. My mom was with me twenty three years ago in the hospital, and was with me again in the hospital for my special day! It was so much fun! She came down Tuesday night, and we had a sleep over! She decorated my room with balloons and with birthday signs.

I woke up with her giving me German Pancakes for breakfast (A Lundgreen tradition they are so so good...if you want the recipe, just let me know) And she also gave them to me on a red plate. In my family if it is your birthday, or some special day, you ate off the red plate, meaning: you are special today. So, my mother even brought the red plate for all my meals!


And she also made me wear the princess crown. She tried to make me wear it when she took me on a wheel chair ride, but I just held it in my hands:) It was a great birthday. I had quite alot of visitors, cookies, cards, and MOVIES! I love movies! My sisters gave me "I dream of Jeannie," so I've been hooked on those. After lunch, I got my mint cake dessert! My favorite! Yum yum! And I also ate it on the red plate. It was the best birthday in the hospital, that I can always remember!



On a very, very, exciting note, I was discharged from the hospital, on Wednesday, October 29th. The doctor said that I am doing well, and I am okay to take care of myself at home. I still am on strict bed rest, with bathroom privileges. I take my medicine every 6 hours, and they are stopping my contractions. And baby Carter is definitely growing and doing well. I was in the hospital for 26 days! Wow! They want me on bed rest for at least 5-6 weeks. I'll be 34 or 35 weeks. I LOVE BEING HOME! When the nurse was wheeling me out to Chase's car, (I haven't been in a car since October 3rd.) I wanted to cry for joy. The car ride was wonderful, and the sun, and sky are so beautiful! Just 5 more weeks!

4 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Congrats! Happy Late Birthday by the way..if there's anything I can do for you - let me know!

Kathy Bertasso said...

We are glad to know that you are home and doing well. We look forward to more news about baby Carter. We just love that name....Take care of yourself and let Chase continue to be the 'empragado'...

Holly said...

You also like mint and chocolate? Mmmmm, my favorite. PS. I am so embarrassed we visited you ON YOUR BIRTHDAY and didn't know! Oops - Happy Birthday!

Chredna said...

I so glad you're home!!!! Keep Carter growing....we're always praying for you!