Monday, October 13, 2008

Hospital Sweet Hospital


I went to the hospital on the 3rd of October. Right when I got there, I already had 13 contractions in an hour!! So here comes the magnesium! They put me on an IV that made me feel very very hot!"Ooh, ooh, ooh, I feel my temperature rising... help me, I'm flaming I must be a hundred and nine..." They turned on the fans, turned down the sheets, and I was out of it. That's what I call Burning Love! The things I do for my son! I was on that medicine for about three days. And the contractions stopped. The nurses took me off of that, and put me on another medication that makes me shake (wha-huh) I'm all shook up! It made me shake, rattle and roll! Hee hee! And it also made me feel like my heart was going to pop out of my chest! I just felt like a helpless old lady trying to keep her peas on her fork just so she can get some nutrition! It was pretty fun. Then they lowered my dosage, and I don't shake as much. Now, I am nothin' but a hound dog! Don't you just love the King???

My doctor came in on Thursday, to see if I was well enough to go home on bed rest. My heart was pounding in my chest (thanks for the medicine) for a chance of some partial freedom at home,( I really missed the DVR) as I waited impatiently for the verdict. The answer: no you are going to stay here. So this will be my home for a while. I do feel safer here with the nurses watching me, and checking my blood pressure, and monitoring my contractions. I just want baby Carter to stay in there as long as possible! So, I will be in the incubator, the hermit, the caterpillar in its cocoon, till its time to spread my wings! Yeah! :) Stay tuned for more hospital stories!

12 comments:

Linsey F said...

You poor thing! The things we do for our children! At least you are being positive and making the best of the situation1! If I were there, I would sneak you Bahama Bucks...hospital food does NOT rock!! Keep us posted!

Amanda Bowen said...

Hey hang in there hun! It is worth it I promis. Do you need any real food? I totally know how bad it is. Let me know and I will run it by! Call me anytime you are lonely 4082441204!

PEHNelson said...

I keep asking Edna for updates so this will be great to check up on!! i love me some blogs! I hope you're doing ok and enjoying the "rest!" You're in our prayers! Oh and i LOVE the song lyrics!!!

Ann said...

Bed rest in the hospital...boo hoo. That can't be fun. My mom says you are on google chat alot...I'll have to check that out. Loves.

Holly said...

Nice job including all the Elvis humor :-)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!! I am coming to visit you soon. My car is fixed (sorta) and I visited my sick brother. Your turn is next! Aren't you stoked? And I got this really great miniature chutes and ladders game. We are going to have such a ball playing it in the ice box!

Jana said...

Chase's cousin, Jana, here. I was being nosey and found you. Sorry to hear about your hospital bed rest. Little boys can be so much work, but well worth it! But heck, you can blog and that is my favorite thing to do. Now if you just have your Twilight books on the table next to you...I would have to say I envy you just a little. Not the pregnancy...been there done that minus the complications...but any excuse to stay in bed and blog or read would be a dream come true! Hope things get better soon. Elvis rocks!

Russ said...

Hello distant (miles not genes, at least I think) cousin,

this is Russell, perhaps you even remember me. Sorry to hear you are laid up. My wife's sis. does the same thing every pregnancy - I know it is no fun, or at least I have heard. So you are in the hospital, but I don't even know where you live to know what hospital you are actually in. If you are in our neighborhood (SLC) we'd bring you something. Tell Steve and Carol hello, hope all is well. Now that I can see everyone on Facebook perhaps we'll keep better in touch.

Russell

Laydee said...

Poor Meagan! Which hospital are you at? And when are you due again?
I'm assuming he may come before his date...but still! Let me know if you need anything...some real food or a toenail painter- whatever!

Kathy Bertasso said...

Chase told me to look for you here on your blog....sorry to find you under these circumstances. We look forward to hearing more news. You are now on the list of favorites! Hang in there!

Amanda Bowen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!!!!
hope you are doing well.

Sarah and David said...

Meagan! You are so positive - what an example. I am glad you will be off of bedrest soon!