My last day of freedom was on September 16, 2008. If I only knew it was my last day I would have gone swimming, run around the block 20 times, gone to Wal-Mart, may be picked up some Panda Express, and stared at the sun.
On that glorious day, my mother and father came up to visit Chase and me. I had an appointment, and they found out my cervix was too short. It was a big shocker, and I am so glad my parents were there when I heard the news that I would be on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. One happy thought that went through my mind was, "Yeaaaah I get a break from work at Home Depot cutting blinds!" Thanks, Son! I was planning an early retirement, but not this early. I was happy about it.
Adjusting to the "bed rest thing," was very new to me. I was admitted to the hospital, and I stayed there for 4 days. They were monitoring my contractions and giving me some medicine to calm them down. My parents stayed until Friday, which was nice. I was sent home on strict bed rest with bathroom privileges, and I had to lay on my left or my right side, and try to avoid laying on my back because it causes contractions. I also took the medicine every 6 hours, and drank a lot of water. I was a busy girl!
It was nice being home. My husband gave me cable with DVR. He cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, and gave me a glass of milk whenever I asked for it. I was in heaven! I had friends come by and visit me, "the woman who has been in bed since September 16th." I got ice cream, chocolate covered raisins, (my favorite) lunch, Bahama Bucks, it was good.
Then on October 3, I had another appointment, and found out my cervix was even shorter. To Be Continued....
4 comments:
Hi Meagan! You are so positive! I'm proud of you. I'm sure you have your moments of frustration and sadness. You are in our prayers. Please keep up the blog as much as you can. I want to know what is going on with you. I already have one of your baby gifts so take care of that little guy so he can use it one day. We love you! The Loves
p.s. Your son looks like he is enjoying the bedrest too. Just hanging out, chillin' with mom. He actually looks like a cutie.
So you've been forced into blogging. I for one will be a faithful follower. You are hilaroius, by the way. We'll come visit when we're back in town.
It was so good to see you last week. Honestly your spirit and optimism inspire me! I'm so glad you have a blog and we can be blog buddies!
Post a Comment