Hello my dear friends and family! Again, a long time since I have exercised my fingers on the key board. Getting kinda chubby...ha ha...my fingers that is! WELL I still can not believe that I am living in SOUTH CAROLINA! It just so crazy! I feel that it has finally calmed down, and the boys and I can start a lovely routine here in the south. Where do I start telling you the beginnings of our journey? Let's start at the beginning! A very good place to start. (I've been listening a lot to my "Sound of music" sound track...so sorry:)
Chase graduated from DENTAL SCHOOL in June!!! What an accomplishment! I am so proud of him! We had our family come up to a luncheon, and then the graduation. And then three days later, we were on our flight to Beaufort, SC. The boys slept and cried, and I cried and slept. HA HA. I really am going to miss Arizona, but what an adventure! And I need to keep reminding myself that.
The ward is small, but I think I like it small. Everyone is going to be our friends! They have to be! HA HA! They are very friendly. Many older families, and cute southern old couples, and new young, (I still consider ourselves young) and they have moved here because of the military, and we met one couple that actually moved from Mesa, and went to the same school as Chase! Small world! He's actually up here for a Doctor's thing.... I'll get back to that later. Anyways, these young couples have nursery aged kids, so Carter is the only boy in his class. In AZ class he had a least five or more. So at first I was sad, but now I am more than grateful and happy that he has Reece. Carter and Reece love each other! (most of the time) Carter will hold hands with Reece...and Reece will let him. They look at each other and giggle. I just love them! Carter will run around the couches, (we have room for that!) and Reece will just laugh. I guess I love the sound of my kids laughing together. Its the best! As a mother, it makes me very happy. I know we were supposed to have these boys in our lives...they bring me such joy!
Its is very green and absolutely beautiful here! There are bugs, lots of bugs, and I think I got bitten by a spider or something...I won't go into to much detail...but I am scratchin' every bit of my body, because of bug bites...and people tell me.. hello? BUG SPRAY! But I don't want bug spray to be my new perfume..and I feel so sticky. So anyways, its an on going battle. One morning, Carter woke up with huge red bites on his face and neck, so he puts band-aids on them. Well...he will put band-aids on anything...I need to hide those from him.
I am sorry this is long...but I love to write and its been awhile. So the base that Chase works on... is again, just beautiful. With the tunnel of trees you drive through, and the ocean on each side...is it an ocean or a beach? I don't know...but its a lot of water surrounding the base and its so pretty. Chase and I get saluted as we enter the base and I love it! At first when Chase would enter the base, the men would salute him, and I would always get teary-eyed. I get so emotional lately. But its so patriotic, and makes me proud of my Navy man. Chase has told me he is very happy here, and loves what he does. He sees the 18 year olds who just came to the Marines or Navy. I am glad that he is happy. I am happy too...I think it has taken awhile to find my "groove" and routine. I have joined the gym! Yeah! And I just signed Carter up for swimming lessons for two weeks on the base. I am excited, and I hope he is excited! So, I'll let you know if we have a little swimmer soon. Life is good and great, and we are so blessed. I am excited for what South Carolina holds for us! We will keep you posted! My pictures are downloading...so they are coming! I'll post about Reece's finger too!
No comments:
Post a Comment