Friday, May 11, 2012

Hoarding

Hello my bloggy friends! Has it been forever and a decade since I've updated the blog? No. Only a month! HA! It feels like forever and a decade. Well, the time is here my friends. The Thompson clan is moving to South Carolina in about 5 weeks! Turn me upside down and paint me blue! I can not believe its here! So, the Navy will be packing us, and I feel like that is a dream! I won't I have to touch a box, all I have to do is say, "Yes! Pack that!" A dream. I am trying to get prepared for them to move, so I have been de-junking my home like CRAZY. Chase has called me the Tornado. And I like it. I think it motivates me. And holy cow we are hoarders! I found old tests and homework assignments from U of A. We held onto old tests from college...for FOUR years. The question is WHY? They were found in Carter's closest. Why? May be Chase thought, "some day I am going to go through all my chemistry tests and...." I really don't know why he kept them, and moved them from Tucson. I am also a hoarder. I found that I kept a sacrament meeting bulletin, from our Tucson ward, and I gave the closing prayer. It was probably my first prayer in sacrament meeting as a married woman. Gotta save that bulletin! Someday I am going to scrap book it! Again, the question is WHY? So I learned a lot about myself and Chase, and I VOW..I mean WE..right honey? TO NOT BE A HOARDER OF PAPER OR OTHER THINGS. I would like to give myself a pat on the back because I gave so much to Good Will. You're welcome. When I drive up, I can hear them say, "She's BAAAAACK!" I always smile big when I had them my bag of old toys, clothes, books, or even it was so hard....Elvis VHS movies. :( They are only worth $1 on ebay. I wanted to keep them because they were my first Elvis movie collection, but now I have them on dvd...most of them any way. But Yeah me! Moving is exciting. Getting rid of things is exciting. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner! HA HA! I'll keep you updated on our progress! :)

2 comments:

Sarah and David said...

Congrats on this new journey in your lives! Haha! I know what you mean, finding some of the weirdest stuff when you have to get up and move and clean everything out. But it feels better to get rid of it - usually!

Brianna Tuckett said...

How nice to have the Navy doing the grunt work! I know what you mean about being hoarders!! Rusty and I are the same way. I am just DREADING going through our spare room and cleaning it out for the baby, but it is good to lighten the load :)