Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again!

That's right! I'm back in the saddle again....bed rest is my saddle my friends! After a few tears were shed... I have come to the conclusion that life will be miserable if you are negative about what life brings you. Here are some POSITIVE things about being on bed rest again: AGAIN!? again.

1. It's not as bad as last time. Meaning...only a few hours of the hospital, (Chase got me delicious chicken fingers that I loved there for lunch) and I was not hooked up to the IV.
2. I am at home! With my hubby, and my sweet 2 year old boy.
3. I have my most wonderful little sister willing to live with me and take care of Carter and myself for three months!! Have you ever heard of such a wonderful service? She has lifted the burden off our shoulders!? That was my big concern...how am going to take care of Carter? Or Who? I am grateful for her everyday, and so thankful to my Heavenly Father for her giving up her life to help me with my exciting life.
4. I have the constant company of my sister and son around to keep me entertained.
5. Carter loves Candice. The first day, when Candice put him down for his nap, he woke up first saying, "Mommy!" and then..."Candice!" That made me happy.
6. I am on "modified" bed rest. I really like the sound of that! Listen to this: I can go down the stairs and stay there all day. Or upstairs and stay. (stairs are a no-no for me) I can go to WALMART and ride the motorized carts!! I can go to dinner with my hubby only if he drops me off at the front and I sit down. I can go to sacrament meeting.
7. It's only 3 months and not 4 like last time. I made it a month longer--Whoo! This little baby is just as anxious as Carter to get here. But with the help and support from my family and friends I'll be the best darn hermit for a while to keep the baby cookin to full term.
P.S. the pictures are of Carter he LOVES to line up his toys all around the house. :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Allred's said...

I hope your bed rest goes well. I love your blog so, I am glad you added me. Thanks!

Brianna Tuckett said...

You are so good at finding the positive Meagan and being happy about things that aren't so plesant!! I am SO glad that Candice is there to help! What a wonderful sister :) I hope it all goes well and that the time passes quickly!! If you need anything (like a random phone call) just let me know ;)

Sarah and David said...

Hey Meagan! Thanks 4 adding me to view your blog. First, congrats on the second baby-to-come... soooo excited 4 you guys!!! Secondly, if there's anyone who can be as brave and positive while on bed rest it's you! You're such a trooper. And third, it seems like you've got a really special family - I really admire that!

Lisa Love said...

Thanks for your positive example! I just love you and will add you and your little one to my prayers. I am so happy that Candice gets to stay with you! Keep us posted as much as you can. :)