
Sometimes I think that I am a 7 year old trapped in a adult body. I still like to wear character shirts, eat corn dogs, chicken fingers, and I still love to watch Disney movies. I bought them for my children...but I am the one watching them. Carter is starting to get interested in "Bambi," and "Mickey," whom he calls "Banga..." which makes no sense to me. (But I am glad that I am Carter's official translator.) It started in college when I wanted to start my own Disney collection on DVD. I guess I just don't want my children to miss out them-because they bring so much good memories and good times as a kid and with my family. When the Disney movie came out in theaters, my whole family would go! It was so great! My little sister and I collected the barbie dolls of the disney characters when the movie came out. I loved Aladdin, and for my 8th birthday I got the Aladdin doll. (Candice would always get the girl doll...and I would get the boy...it was our plan to get both...sneaky...I know! And our birthday is only 10 days apart! Worked out nicely.) Anyways, I loved the classics, "Little Mermaid," and recently just came out on DVD, "Beauty and the Beast." (side note: I love that they come out in October!! Birthday month! :) So I told Chase that's what I wanted for my birthday. He got it for me yesterday, (me with him reminding him that it was out) and I just HAD to watch it. I felt I was 6 again!!! Beauty and the Beast came out the first time in 1991! 19 years ago! I was 6! WOW! I remembered that my mom bought me Velcro shoes with a picture of Beauty and the Beast on the side of the shoe. I miss those shoes. When I turned on the movie, I could quote the whole movie, but I didn't want to be annoying to Chase..who was doing homework in the kitchen. But it did make me smile. And I know this is ridiculous, and I can't even believe I am putting this on the blog, but I got a little teary-eyed when the Belle and the Beast were dancing during their song! Love love love the movie! It's been YEARS since I've seen it. It truly is a gem. Just a side note: I've always found it funny that The Beast has no name...when Candice and I played barbies, it was like, "Hi Beast!" Just silly. (Yes...I even had the Beast doll...and he could change into a beast or the prince. Pretty awesome.
3 comments:
I also love all those Disney movies! We have Beauty and the Beast and David and I watched it as we ate French toast because everyone is French in that movie LOL! And I know what you're talking about - waiting every summer as a kid for the new Disney cartoon movie to come out. Back in the 80's and 90's that was a big deal. Everything and everywhere you went had the new Disney movie characters on it. I still believe those traditional 2-D Disney movies are way better than any of the new 3-D Pixar stuff. Just my opinion. =) I will always be the first to say that I LOVED growing up in the 80's and especially the 90's!!!
I AM SO GLAD YOU PUT THIS ON YOUR BLOG. I think every girl needs part of the "little girl" they used to be inside of them. It is was makes you a great mom, because you remember what is was like when you were little, or it just helps you be care free and happy like we are when we were kids. I love that you are still in tune with the little Meagan. I loved her...side note. I love the big Meagan too!
I'm that same way Megan! I already have a few Disney movies and ALWAYS ask for more for Christmas, Anniversary, Birthday, etc (pretty much any occasion that requires a present) :) Rusty laughs at me because he will often come home and find me watching "Pete's Dragon" or "Sleeping Beauty." I LOVE it!! Oh have you heard of the Disney movie club? Its a REALLY good deal and you get a bunch of really cheap movies when you sign up and then only have to buy 1 or 2 movies a year at regular price. Let me know if you want more info! :)
Post a Comment