
That's right. Chase got braces. He was counting down the days until he got them, (not because of excitement but he feared what would be the next delicious, hearty meal he would eat again without hurting.) Last Monday, he chowed down on a sourdough jack, and some curly fries. (Wish I was there. :) At 11 'O clock precisely, he was in the dental chair, turning into a brace face...a very cute brace face. When he got home, he could barley chew my hearty meal that I made for him. Later that day, I found out the orthodontist put something on the back of his two front teeth, and he CAN NOT chew or bite down at all...so he has been drinking ALL his meals...and getting skinny. (May be I should get braces--and be on the same fun diet as Chase!) He eats: Yogurt, smoothies, ice cream, soups, anything he can drink. The not-chewing-syndrome will be like that for another month or so and they will take it off. It has been a week, and I can already tell they are getting straighter. Pain is gain and pain is BEAUTY! GO CHASE! I love making soups, and now I get the opportunity to make any soup, stew or chowder I want!!!!!!!! YESSSS!
3 comments:
I gave up on my countdown for Eric to get his braces off. Every month he goes back to the oral surgeon and he rearranges the rubber bands and says see ya in another month. Hopefully he gets them off before our little boy needs them. You're right pain is beauty.
Well I guess there's good and bad to everything huh? :) And you couldn't be more right that beauty and pain are just about synonomous :) Well hope it goes well and he doesn't hurt too bad :)
Aww... yes the good ol' braces. Ha! Love the picture. Your blog posts are always so entertaining, even when you're talking about braces hehe!
Post a Comment