Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eye of the Tiger


This is me at two.


This is me at twenty-seven...





Hello, I am Meagan....and I am a...fatty.

I needed to get that off my chest. Whew! I have had some ah-ha! moments of noticing that I am getting very close to being the size of a whale. My thighs now touch each other, and my bum jiggles when I run, (run to the fridge!!!)  and my pants are too tight. Its really not cool wanting to just wear your sweat pants all day long because they are comfortable. And I have a "healthy" (HA!) double chin. It's very attractive. NOT!  I actually had the talk with the doctor---well I asked him if he had any drugs that could help me lose weight. He laughed and said..."No." I told him I heard that exercise and eating  healthy was good for me...and he agreed. I have decided for the millionth time...that I am going on a diet! (Yeah! How fun for you!)

When I decided to go on a diet, its never because I feel great about myself, and want to reward myself with eating less, and exercising! Since Mid-October--my body and I have been on vacation...and boy is it showing! So I have felt ugly, depressed, and totally unlovable. Let's face it...this is not a healthy state of mind! When I have these feelings all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a spoon in one hand, and a plate of fudge and watch some super hero show saving the day in tights and a cape. Now I am not saying that some super hero show doesn't have its own healing powers, but if I am down... lying on the couch watching Superman beat some super villian, and eating as much fudge as I can eat-- is just a quick fix. Eventually, I need to put the spoon down and get up off the couch. The time is NOW!

Da....da..da.da....da.da.da! da.da.DAAAAA! Da..da-da-da..da-da-da..DA!!.....
Risin' up back on the street 
Did my time, took my chances 
Went the distance now I'm back on my feet 
Just a man (woman) and his/her will to survive....

So many times, it happens too fast 
You trade your passion for glory 
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past 
You must fight just to keep them alive 

It's the Eye of the Tiger 
It's the thrill of the fight 
Rising up to the challenge of our rival 
And the last known survivor 
Stalks his prey in the night 
And he's watching us all 
With the Eye of the Tiger 


So with this new year here (HAPPY NEW YEAR!) I am focusing on all of my might to be a more healthier, thinner, happier..me!  How am I going to do it? With some SELF-CONTROL! Yeah baby! And WRITING down my goal!! Yipee!!   I am going back to the gym, and eating an apple or something way healthy to start off my day. I will keep you posted on my wonderful new journey! I am going to be a health nut!! WATCH OUT! :)
Yours Truly,
Eye of the Tiger

2 comments:

Sabra said...

You are as cute as ever.

Brianna Tuckett said...

I feel the SAME way Megan! I am wanting to loose some weight too! The last time I lost a good amount of weight I did it with Weight Watchers and LOVED it so I would HIGHLY recommend it if you need some motivation :) Good luck!!