***SPOILER ALERT***A VERY LONG BUT FUN POST. HOPEFULLY. HEE HEE. YE BE WARNED.
My husband has been gone for 6 weeks, and has 2 more weeks till he is home again for a month! Then he'll be gone for 4 weeks in Colorado. I don't want to talk about that...one step at a time. I did the last 6 weeks. I just need to get through these next 2 weeks. Hey its practically done! Just about one more week left!

My adorable 2 year old son is very active. I heard its normal. :) We have a bowling kit that he loves to knock down. Once I set it up (about 30 sec. to set up) he knocks it down in 1.5 secs. or less! Very fun and I hear..."set it up, MOM!" Hee hee. What to do with this little boy....PUZZLES! He LOVES puzzles...and I love to see him love it every time he does it. I bought him some Thomas the Train puzzles, and a Lightening McQueen one. He wakes up from his nap asking to do puzzles. He is now at the point where he doesn't need my help...and he can do it by himself! I feel like I need to challenge him with some more stuff to do. But what!? I love to hear suggestions. Its hard when Daddy is gone, and I'm the one entertaining him ALL THE TIME. It makes me sad when after his nap, he wakes up and wanting to go, "bye-bye" and I don't have a clue where to go...just to leave this house. I have taken him to the splash pad by the mall, to many different toy stores, and he has learned to "put back toy," when we are done looking at it. He is sneaky sometimes and when I say its time to go, he grabs a toy and says, "take home," and he starts walking towards the door. Ha ha. (Don't worry...I made him take it back.) I have taken him to the mall and let him play with the rides, (car, boat and helicopter) they are a dollar each to turn them on, but he enjoys playing them for free. And there is a little play pit to climb on stuff and go down slides. We do that alot. Its too hot to play outside, especially with Reece in his helmet...he just sweats and sweats. Poor guy. Once in a great while I'll go on a hot walk and let him ride his bike around the neighborhood. Its just too darn hot! So there's that. Now you ask, Meagan--what DO YOU DO when the kids are in bed!? Here's a list:
*Cry. Just kidding! ha ha! Well maybe I've had my share of shedding a few tears. It has been hard sometimes. Here's a quote I would like to share with you:
"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley
* Watch movies. Holy cow...have I watched so many movies at night! I love movies, and I am a good movie watcher. Whatever that means. I have been having a Tom Cruise marathon! Yipee! I guess I have been scared at night, and I feel that Mr. Cruise can protect me since Chase isn't here. I am watching action movies! Like: Mission Impossible (All THREE) Minority Report, War of the Worlds, (that is a scary one...I highly recommend watching it during the day, instead at night in the dark...) Knight and Day, (that is a funny one). And a few of the lovey dovey ones.. Top Gun (my favorite!) and Far and Away (so romantic!) and a stupid one...Days of Thunder. Dumb. But I love Tom Cruise. I also love Leonardo DiCaprio...since 1997. It all began with Titanic. I remind myself with Chase gone, that "my heart will go on...and on." ha ha. (See I need to laugh!) I've watched, "Man in the Iron Mask," (There's 2 Leos whoot! whoot! ) Catch Me If You Can, Romeo and Juliet, for the first time I think I understood that movie. I had the subtitles on because it is old English, or Shakespearean, (?) and it wasn't that bad. A little weird but again..there's a young Leo. AND (I feel like a movie junkie. Listen, after playing and entertaining 2 boys, and feeding and cleaning and laurndry-ing...and being a single mom--- at the moment, I deserve to put my feet up and enjoy what I do best...movie watching) any ways, my new FAVORITE movie is 17 Again! I've watched it at least 4 times! I love Zac Efron in that movie! It is so sweet--and I love how they get back together. LOVE IT!

1 comment:
It sounds like you are doing a pretty good job occupying yourself, along with two little kiddos. :) I watch movies a lot too when Rusty is gone. I wanna share some good ones I have discovered: Life as We Know It (Way cute!!), The Young Victoria (LOVE that one!), Anne of Gables (love all those, they are totally classic), Leap Year, Letters to Juliet, and I really want to see Inception (looks way good!). I have a friend who has a two year old and she has a degree in Early Childhood Development (pre-school) and she often puts fun ideas on her blog. You can get to it from my blog its, Laura and Connell. She's AMAZING! Hang in there Megan! You are such a trooper! :)
Post a Comment