First of all, it is so amazing to be BED REST FREE for 7 weeks now !I now run, jump, skip, cart wheel, sing, dance, swim, and twirl. (WOW!) I DID IT AGAIN! Yeah me! I take that back, it wasn't just me, it was my husband, my sister, Carter...we all went through it. They helped me stay on bed rest. :) In the words of the King, "I'm free like a bird in a tree." :) Enough about me..(there might be just a little bit more about me...just a warning)
Reece entered this world on April 27th, weighing in 7lbs, and 4 oz. and has been an extra delight in the home. Carter adores him...which makes us happy. When people come over to see us and the baby Carter always points to Reece and says, "cute Reece!" At first when we brought our little boy home, Carter loved him a little too much, and I couldn't wait for his nap time. I know bad mom, but I think my hormones were out of wack at first, and I could cry at the drop of a hat! I even cried when my mom said she was going to give away my extra crock pot to Good Will! I am so glad those roller coaster-mood swing days and not sleeping are over. It was just a little crazy. Now I can handle both boys, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I LOVE THEM! I love love LOVE being a mother and a wife. I am still learning and trying to improve, but it is simply the best. I feel like I am constantly doing laundry, but hey that it one of my favorite chores! I can handle throwing in a load, and folding it, its the putting away that gets me. I usually fold clothes during Carter's nap, and then once hes up i play with him and make dinner and forget about laundry. This week I PUT IT AWAY!! Yeah!!!!!!! I AM improving my wife/mother skills.
Well, Carter is just growing---and talking SO much, and you really have to watch what you say! (Candice--hee hee) His favorite things to say are, "oh my goodness!" From Nana and Papa, "whoopsie!" and "disgusting!" May be I say that too much when I'm changing diapers. Who knows. Its fun. He is a good helper for mom and dad, throwing away diapers getting us wipes, putting his toys away, eating at the table. We've got him to eat fish, by calling it chicken! And he says, "Yum...chicken." Hee hee. He loves to swim and play with his friends. He can count to ten, and we are working on his colors. When we ask him what color it is, he says, "green red!"
Reece is an awesome baby. Probably the best baby in the world. (we have a onesie that says that and Chase and I love to say it...inside joke comin' on the outside...). He's starting to sleep through the night! Not all nights, but he is doing great! He is an easy baby, and real mellow. :) And a very good eater. Love my boys!
Chase is a happy proud father of 2 boys now! I can't believe we have 2 boys now! I am out numbered! I am just glad that Carter gets a brother...a buddy for life. He is surrounded by girl cousins on both sides. I'm glad we could help him out. :)
So, life in the Thompson household has been fun! Life is good, life is great...life is UNBELIEVABLE! Sorry for THE LONGEST UPDATE EVER! I got a lot to say! Peace out my dear friends and family!
3 comments:
your boys are so adorable, thanks for sharing your life with us. Maybe I will see you in Yuma on one of my trips this summer, next week and the end of Aug. luv ya
Awww.... that was such a fun and sweet post to read! Give your boys an extra big hug and hello from the Hervey's! Congrats again!
Meagan your family is adorable. I loved reading your update and seeing the pictures in this post and those before it. You got some handsome boys there! I'm glad you survived bedrest and now you can go around doing cartwheels again! BTW...I hate putting laundry away as well. I would love to have a maid just for laundry! :) I love that you love being a mom!
Post a Comment