Sunday, April 25, 2010

From Baby Boy to Toddler


I am so amazed how fast my baby boy has grown! I was looking through his pictures and he is getting so big, and learning so much! I remember holding him in my arms 5 lbs. and 8oz when he was born! Now its almost impossible to hold him--he likes to move it move it! I love his little belly that sticks out after he's had a good meal. He is doing a lot of new tricks and I wanted to record them all on my blog!!!

He is really big into opening ALL the doors in the house. After I have discovered that he is in the bathroom, in a manner of 5.7 nano seconds or less, he has managed to unroll an entire roll of toilet paper onto the floor. If it were a sport he would be the champion for speed! (Just to let you know...I did find a baby lock for the door handle. Its amazing.)

He likes to climb stairs, and if it were his way...he would do it all day. He climbs up and waits for me to bring him down, and then he goes up again. I really really love the gate...but my smart boy figured that he if he shakes the gate long enough, it will fall down and he is free to the stairs! :)

Carter is saying little words like, "hi," "bye bye" and he even waves now! He likes saying "Dadda or Momma" when we get him out of his crib. If we say, "love you", he kind of mimicks the sound. And his new word that he loves to say is..."cracker." Carter also gives you a big wet kiss with his mouth open on your cheek if you ask him for one. I really love that!

He loves to eat bananas, strawberries, pb & j and tuna sandwiches, crackers,oranges, broccoli (i know! it has to have seasonings) oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes, and spaghetti. (we are working on him with the veggies.) Just recently he learned how to suck out of a straw!!

Activities: Swinging at the park, going down the slides, going on walks with mommy, going to the library and reading books, playing with friends in the neighborhood, playing with his blocks, or bouncy balls. OH....when he hears music he starts to clap. Wha-huh.

Our little boy is starting to be independent. He wants to hold the spoon, plate, toothbrush...and yes... the remote control. (He knows that's a no-no, but he if finds it left on the couch he runs as fast as he can and starts pushing all the buttons, and pointing it to the T.V. Its amazing how much they learn!

Oh! And in two months our baby will be going to NURSERY!!!! WOW!

Carter, I am so glad and proud to be your mom! I love to watch you grow and learn! I love you!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brianna Tuckett said...

What a cutie!! It's so fun to watch children learn and grow! I love the last picture of Carter and Chase. :) :)

Beverley said...

He sure has grown up fast. I hope I get to see you guys in May when I come to take care of Granny.

Sarah and David said...

Wow! It's so amazing how fast they grow!

Allred's said...

I love this post. I agree with you on how fast they grow up. It is so fun to have seen the way fun Roommate side of you and now the Mommy side. You and you family are so beautiful.

Caldwells said...

I found your blog! yeah! how we can keep in touch... I love the posts! We miss you guys

Travis and Allie said...

Wow I can't believe how big he is getting! We need to get together!

Sarah and Trent said...

what a handsome little man there! My baby is onoy 6 weeks old and I am already amazed at how fast he's grown...I can't imagine how the rest of it goes so fast!