Friday, January 1, 2010

Burn Baby, Burn!!!

This has probably been the best and painful New Year's Day I have ever had. The night before, I actually wrote down goals in my journal, and promised myself to do baby steps and achieve them through this new and exciting year. I was feeling good. Then today, I took down all the Christmas decorations, and Chase and I attacked our home. We went through closets, and threw away paper and junk left and right...and it felt so good!! We were in our pj's cleaning until four....it was the BEST PRODUCTIVE New Year's Day ever! We were on a roll! I don't know if it was the 2 Diet Dr. Pepper's I drank, to give me such energy, or the vitamin, or that its 2010 and I am feeling like a new person!!! Well, on this super and terrible day, I was doing the dishes after our dinner. I started the dishwasher, and then started washing the dishes. Then I found it...the spoon I didn't want to clean by hand...I decided to put the spoon in the lovely wonderful dishwasher. I quickly opened it, and the dishwasher (she was angy) said, "Hey Lady! What are you doing? I am working here!" I ignored the dishwasher and threw in the spoon. With my many skills and talents, I was aiming my spoon in the "silverware rack," and I missed. Bummer. I quickly went in to save the spoon...and then...SIZZLE..... I BURNED MY HAND ON THE BAR!! What the heck is that doing there!? And why is it so flippin' HOT!? At this moment in time I wanted to: A) Scream B) Shout C) Cry D) All the Above. My answer was D. All of the Above. I never met that fiery hot bar before. I got very acquainted with it today. And I am so glad that I saved that precious little spoon. HA! So it was a great day, and it ended with a burn. Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Sarah and David said...

YAY for your new goals, but OH NO for your hand! OUCH!

Brianna Tuckett said...

I'm sorry you burned your hand, but the way you told the story was pretty entertining :) I never thought to watch out for that bar either, but now I will!!! Hope your hand feels better! :)

Travis and Allie said...

Ouch!! I am so sorry! I hope your hand gets better fast!